Saturday, June 19, 2010

I want to get my hair colored & permed....?

I want to get my hair colored the same as Drew Barrymoor in 50 first dates %26amp; the same wavy look (is that a perm?). My hair is slightly below shoulder length %26amp; is very thin. I've gotton it colored many times now and it's safe to say my hair is ruined. It has to be conditioned alot to de-tangle it. If i just use shampoo it sticks together and you would have to rip a brush through it. The ends seem to be always be fryed- no matter what, I thought after a haircut they would be fine, but still they are very brittle. But I basically just want my hair one color (blonde) with the wavy look. But is my hair gonna tolerate that? How do you go about having healthier hair? I assume you would have to buzz cut your head and start all over again to have it the way it used to be. If I do decide to get that wavy look like in the movie with the blonde hair... what do I tell my hair dresser? thanks!



I want to get my hair colored %26amp; permed....?

I'm not an expert, but it sounds to me like you should be more concerned with getting your hair healthy. The way you have described the condition of your hair, no perm or coloring job will look anything like the style your trying to achive, you will only cause more damage to your hair. But if you take care of the condition your hair is in first, you can then think about going after the style you want with a happier outcome. Ok so some rules of thumb to live by for hair care is..... DONT use JUST shampoo always use conditioner, remember the roots dont need it as bad as the tips do. The next thing is how you brush your hair, ALWAYS start at the bottom and work your way to the top, never start at the top and NEVER rip the brush threw the tangles that's why the ends are so fryed and brittle. You start at the bottom and gentlely work threw the knots. if the brush get stuck take the hair if your hand and work the tangle out. Since your hair does have some length think about maybe cutting it to about half an inch or inch above your shoulders to get rid of the split brittle ends, if that doesn't get rid of them all then I would try an get it trim 1/2inch every month or month an a half untill you get rid of the damaged ends. Once you have done that you should have hair that is healthy. And if you just HAVE to color your hair (which is very damaging but...) use Clairol Natural Instincts Level 2 its not a Permanent dye (those damage your hair) I had very damaged hair and colored my hair with it, and the condition of my hair was actually better then before I used it. The other great part about it is that it looks much more natural because you don't have the roots showing as your hair grows (I just hate that) and as it gradualy washes out your get great looking highlights, and again NO ROOTS showing. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, brush your hair correctly, use conditioner, and get it healthy before you perm it, and until then if you have to dye it do it right!!!!! Hope this helps!



I want to get my hair colored %26amp; permed....?

NO, do not put any chemicals in your hair right now,it will not tolerate it. It sounds like you need to cut more off, I'm not saying cut it really short,but have you thought about a bob,like between your jaw and top of the shoulder. The other thing ,do not use a brush on wet hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter